Right To Information Act
Right to Information Act-2005
Manual Directorate of Higher and Technical Education
The Right to Information Act, 2005, has got the assent of the President on 15th June 2005. This Act has become effective in the Union Territory of Puducherry from 28th June 2005vide Notification No.43-15/2005 - LD of Law Department, Puducherry.
- The said Act provides for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
- This hand book provides on the organization, functions, powers and duties of the Officers of the Directorate of Higher and Technical Education and the name and designation of the Public Information Officer, directory of Officers and its employees, the budget allocations along with the details of the colleges under the control of the Director of Higher and Technical Education etc.
- This Hand Book of Manual may be used by all citizens of India, who seek
Department of Higher and Technical Education Right to Information Act, 2005
Education Secretariat ,Beach Road, Goubert Revenue, Puducherry 605001
Thiru F.P.Verbina Jayaraj,
Under Secretary To Govt. (Hr. & Tech. Edn)
First Appellate Authority
Thiru K.SUGUMAR , and Thiru C.Ejilane,
Public Information Officer
Directorate Of Higher And Technical Education, Lawspet Road, Puducherry - 8
First Appellate Authority
Officer on Special Duty, Director of Higher and Technical Education
Superintendent (Estt) ,Superintendent (Accts) ,Superintendent (Technical)
Public Information Officer. Director of Higher and Technical Education,
Functions/Duties of staff of the Directorate of Higher and Technical Education
- Director: (Head of Dept.) Over all control of the Directorate - Taking decision within the powersdelegated to a Head of Dept. - etc.
- Officer on Special Duty: (Head of Office) - Administration - Service matters etc.
- Junior Accounts Officer: To deal with the Accounts/Cash/Bills etc delegated with Drawing and Disbursement Officer's powers
- Superintendent: Head of sections i.e.1.Establishment, 2.Technical and 3. Accounts Section
- Assistants: To deal with the section works allotted to them
- Upper Division Clerk: To deal with the section works allotted to them
- Lower Division Clerk: To deal with the section works allotted to them
- Stock Verifier: To deal with the Stores section/purchase etc.
- Record Keeper: To deal with Storage and maintain Records
- Attender/Peon/Watchman: To assist as office bearers and to attend sundry
- Sanitary Assistant: Works and to maintain cleanliness/sanitation etc.
Right To Information Act-2005 Manual
In order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority and to empower the citizens to secure access to information under the control of each public authority the Government of India have enacted "The Right to Information Act, 2005", (RTI Act) which came into force on 12.10.2005. In accordance with the provisions of section 4(1) (b) of this Act, this manual has been brought out by way of publication of all relevant information as required thereon.
The purpose of this manual is to inform the general public about the Directorate of Higher and Technical Education and the colleges under its' control, functions and duties of its officers and employees, records and documents that are available with the Public Authority.
This manual is aimed at the public in general and users of the Services and provides information about the schemes and programmes being implemented by the Public Authority and the Heads of the concerned colleges under its administrative control.
Under rule 7 of the Right to Information Act 2005, a person requiring any information under this Act may contact the Public Information Officer as indicated in Chapter 17, Persons who desire to obtain any information under this Act.
Shall make a request in writing for obtaining information under subsection (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rs.10/- or such fee as may be prescribed from time to time under the Act, by way of cash against proper receipt or affix Court fee stamp or by Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque or Indian Postal Order payable to the Public Information Officer or Assistant Public Information Officer as the case may be.
For obtaining information under subsection 1 of section 7 the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by DD/Bankers Cheque payable to the Public Information Officer or Assistant Public Information Officer concerned at the following rates or at rates as may be prescribed from time to time under the Act.
- Rs.2/- for each page (in size and A3) size paper copied
- Actual charge or cost price of a copy in longer size paper
- Actual cost or price samples or models and
- For inspection of records no fee for the first hour and a fee or Rs.5/- for each subsequent hour or fraction thereof.
- The first Appellate Authority shall charge a fee of Rs.50/- per appearance.
- The Second Appellate Authority shall charge a fee of Rs.100/- per appearance.
- Chapter - 01 Particulars of Organisation Functions and Duties
- Chapter - 02 Power and duties of of Officers and employees
- Chapter - 03 Rules and regulations,instructions,manuals and records for discharging functions
- Chapter - 04 The norms set for the discharge of functions
- Chapter - 05 Records held/used by employees
- Chapter - 06 Statement of the categories of documents that are held by the department
- Chapter - 07 Particulars of arrangements that exists for consultation with the members of public
- Chapter - 08 Statement of committees constituted
- Chapter - 09 Directory of officers and employees
- Chapter - 10 Monthly remuneration of the employees
- Chapter - 11 Allocation of budget
- Chapter - 12 Execution of subsidy programmes
- Chapter - 13 Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorization granted
- Chapter - 14 Information available in an electronic form
- Chapter - 15 Particulars of facilities available for obtaining information
- Chapter - 16 List of appellate authority and public information officers
- Chapter - 17 Miscellaneous